Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Splurge

Photobucket

So I know the economy is in the shitter and we should be safe and cut out unnecessary luxuries.
Bah!

I bought this eyelash stimulator for *gulp $125 from my eyebrow lady.
(Yes, I'm *THAT* vain and that much of a sucker when it comes to beauty products.)

And here's the cool part. It totally works. My lashes are noticeably longer after about 3 weeks of sporadic usage. I would guesstimate that I remember to put it on 3-4 times per week - you're supposed to apply it once daily.

Now, this chemical crap is not without it's drawbacks.... for the first few days it looked like I had either taken some gigantic bong rips, or as if I was getting over some raging pink eye. The fiance told me to quit using it immediately, and he oh-so-sweetly pointed out that it also was exaggerating my under eye circles. I was undeterred. In my quest for lush lashes, I proceeded with the application. The negative side effects only lasted a few days. And besides - when I was little I remember my mom brushing my long hair as I winced in pain and she explained to me: sometimes it hurts to be beautiful.

I wonder if we could put it on the fiance's bald spot? He seems very concerned about this lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment