Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Little Kid Lunch

Though I sometimes like to think of myself as a fancy pants eater, or "foodie", often for a midday meal, I enjoy what I've come to call the "Little Kid" lunch.

Examples of possible "Little Kid" lunch combos:
tomato soup + grilled cheese + apple slices
pb&j + yogurt + carrot sticks

And in my case, lately the combo is 274 calories of awesomeness.
You might not be stuffed for hours on end, but it's staisfying and requires zero cooking.
1 (or two for an additional 160 calories if you're pretty hungry) TJ's veggie corn dog
Photobucket
+
2-ish cups of TJ's Organic Broccoli Slaw + 1-2 tablespoons of low cal ranch dressing
(note: I typically *HATE* coleslaw, but for some reason, I dig this)
+
1 or 2 cups of this deliciousness:
Photobucket
and viola... .the perfect "Little Kid" lunch on a warm day.

Is it obvious that I live less than 3 blocks from a Trader Joe's?

4 comments:

  1. I have been craving hot dogs lately. I think that's very concerning since I do not like them at all! A friend suggested I try the TJ corn dogs - and here you are writing about them. I sign? Possibly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love corndogs, but never eat them because they're scary. Might have to try these.

    I wish I had the TJ proximity! I miss it so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I should have added - they're meatless, which makes their hotdoggieness far less scary! They taste exactly like I remember corn dogs tasting in the elementary school cafeteria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corndogs, yuck, sorry they are nasty! Also, I'm with you on the slaw, I usually don't like but occasionally I'll find one I can handle.

    No cooking lunch is always good.

    ReplyDelete