Monday, October 5, 2009

Clothing Options

I think I may have found some suitable safari gear.
I've ordered the following from Athleta:

I have no idea what their sizing or fit is like, so I anticipate returning some/all of it...
I also picked up these pants from Target in both the kakhi color and a blue/gray color - on sale for around $10 a pair! They're the perfect travel pants - each way our flights are around 20-odd hours, so comfort is high on my list of priorities, but thankfully, they aren't as schlumpy looking as they seem in the stock photo. In real life, they're like a crisp, wide-legged pair of kakhis, with a soft (dare I admit it?) elastic waist:

I found 101 possibilities at Old Navy but alas... I tried all of it on in the store and none of it really fit right - it was all somehow oddly mis-shaped, with the exception of the scarf. Bummer! I really wanted that drawstring kakhi shirtdress to work (doesn't it scream safari-chic?) but the drawstring waist hit mid-hip and just looked sloppy and tent-like.

The search continues.....

In other fashion purchasing news, our California wedding reception is coming up on 11/15. The Cub's most significant ex (who he is good friends with) will be there and while I'm certain I'll really like her, I can't help but notice that she is ridiculously good looking. Probably about 5'10, 135 pounds, flawless face... etc.
I hate to sound insecure, because in general I'm not, but, um, as shallow as it sounds, I fear that I'll feel like a giant hog following our honeymoon and therefore I need the world's most amazing ivory colored cocktail dress to wear to the event where said supermodel will be lurking. If you see any online - let me know! This is one area where I'm defnitely willing to splurge!

1 comment: